Lynx is committed to maintaining your privacy while browsing this website. We will not store any information which will identify you personally unless you explicitly give us this information (eg by requesting software downloads or pricing information).
Lynx Blog cookies
The Lynx Blog is built on WordPress. Viewing blog entries does not cause any cookies to be stored on your computer, but if you add a comment, 3 cookies will be saved storing your name, email and URL (ie, the information that you explicitly typed in). These cookies are purely a convenience, so that you will not have to re-type this information when leaving another comment.
These cookies are set to expire in 1 year, and are named as follows:
Third party cookies
The Lynx website and blog uses non-essential traffic log cookies from Google Analytics to identify which pages are being used most often. This helps us to analyse our web page traffic and improve our website, to focus on customer needs. The information collected is completely anonymous and is only used for statistical purposes.
Cookies set by Google Analytics are:
- __utma – expires in 2 years
- __utmb – expires in 30 minutes
- __utmc – expires when browser is closed
- __utmv – expires immediately
- __utmz – expires in 6 months
Some Lynx web pages display embedded Google Maps – these web pages set cookies named as follows:
- PREF – expires in 2 years
- khcookie – expires when browser is closed
- NID – expires in 6 months
- SNID – expires in 6 months
The Lynx website also uses a YouTube channel to display embedded videos. Pages displaying video content will store no information until you click on the embedded video to play it – videos are embedded using YouTube’s enhanced privacy mode.
- Cookies and Google Analytics – a detailed explanation of the cookies used by Google Analytics
- Wikipedia – HTTP Cookies